Top Five Benefits of Working at Home
Working at home might just be your dream come true! There are so many benefits, maybe an endless number, depending on who you talk to. Here are a few reasons to work at home that would appeal to most people.
1. No Commute – One of the biggest benefits that you will find from working at home is avoiding that daily commute to work. You will have extra time to work on your business or do anything else you choose. You will also have extra money because you won’t need to spend it on gas, toll fees and wear and tear on your vehicle.
2. Being Your own Boss – Working from home will enable you to become your own boss, this means you will have the opportunity to trust and develop your own business instincts and insights. How many of us are working for someone else, knowing that we could do a much better job if there wasn’t someone breathing down our back all the time? Also, when you work at home you can arrange your schedule the way that makes sense to you.
3. Flexibility – Working from home creates a completely different level of flexibility. This means you can do what you want when you want to. You can wear your pajamas to work, or take as much time for lunch as you want. You can work in the night if you can’t sleep. And if you aren’t feeling well, you can rest and not need to worry about the Boss being upset. If something comes up with family or friends you can choose to take off with minimal stress knowing you will be able to make up anything important on the weekend or in the evening.
4. Tax Savings – Home based businesses can save you money on taxes. You can deduct your office space with a general home office deduction or you can itemize. You may also be able to deduct a portion of your home expenses, computers and other office expenses and maybe your health insurance costs. Talk with your tax professional to get the full details. You may be surprised at how much tax savings is available for home based businesses!
5. Time With Family – If you have small children working from home can save you hundreds of dollars each month on child care. Not to mention not having to leave the little ones, which for some of us can be as long as 10 or more hours each day when you figure in commuting time. You can utilize a local Mother’s Day Out, or part-time sitter, if you need some completely free time for business meetings.
If you are looking to start a new business this year we hope you will consider becoming a Blue Coast Savings Consultant. We offer a turn-key business opportunity much like that of a franchise except that there are no ongoing royalties to be paid and there is a low initial licensing fee. Learn more about what’s included and the investment required when you become a Blue Coast Savings Consultant.